- A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome.
Synonyms: worry, concern, apprehension, apprehensiveness, consternation, uneasiness, unease, fearfulness, fear. – Google Definition
. . . .
If you suffer from anxiety, you are not alone! I have suffered from anxiety for a few years but the past couple of months have been more challenging than ever. With social media taking over most of our everyday lives and the internet being so readily available at the touch of our fingertips, its no wonder we suffer from anxiety! Our businesses are run online and we spend hours on our computers and mobile phones. We sit and compare ourselves to others, check our phones fifty times a day or more, doubt our capability and have low self-worth resulting in a huge disconnection to the real world! All of this causes some type of anxiety which is detrimental to our health. As a result, it affects our sleep, health, weight, and relationships with others.
It is important to understand what is causing your anxiety so you can treat it and recognize when you are about to have an anxiety or panic attack. If you feel it coming on just stop what you are doing, count to 10 and remember to take deep breaths. Remind yourself that some things are just out of your control.
I often get anxiety attacks if I am in a confined space for long periods of time as I am claustrophobic (this usually happens in long meetings or training sessions). In this case, I just excuse myself for a few minutes to get some fresh air and refill my water bottle.
I cut out caffeine and keep alcohol to a minimum due to the fact that this was a huge trigger for me. I stick to decaf coffee, red cappuccinos and lots of herbal teas.
Anxiety is not something to be ashamed of or embarrassed about as most people are understanding and are willing to help or support you. Rather tell someone you are feeling uncomfortable or anxious and they will usually try and assist the situation.
” I truly believe in natural healing”
I use all natural and herbal treatment that works for me so I want to share it with you and hope that it can help you in some way too!
My natural healthy remedies:
- Drink herbal teas throughout the day especially chamomile tea (Chamomile tea helps reduce stress and anxiety. It also helps treat insomnia).
- Herbal tinctures (I use a valerian root tincture, these can be made by request at your health pharmacy).
- Rescue Remedy (I use the mouth spray and keep it in my bedside table or handbag).
- Long hot baths in sea salt and essential oils (especially lavender) If you prefer to shower you can get an Epsom salt scrub infused with essential oils or even better, make your own!!
- Technology detox! Take regular breaks from your phone, tablet and laptop especially when you wake up and before you go to sleep (this is still something I work on daily!) I also try and take a 1 – 2 week tech break over the festive season so I can be present and enjoy precious family time)
- Meditation & breathing techniques. Headspace is an amazing app to get you started especially if you are new to meditating!
- Spend time outdoors and take time out, sit down and appreciate nature.
- Treat yourself to a spa treatment. I love getting a massage or pedicure!
- Eat well-balanced wholesome food, try your best to avoid junk food and sugar.
- Reduce or cut out alcohol and caffeine as these are stimulants and can trigger an anxiety attack.
- Exercise daily, even just walking for 30 minutes a day.
- Speak to your friends and family if you are feeling very overwhelmed, they are the best support system you can have.
I also believe in crystal healing as I prefer a holistic approach to health and medicine, this is not for everyone but it’s worth looking into and researching it to see if this is something that resonates with you or not. I have a number of crystals and gems but I wear a black tourmaline for daily protection and elimination of negative energy.
I also firmly believe in balancing my chakras and I know that my anxiety starts in my Solar Plexus as this is where fear and worry sit so this is the area I focus on when meditating and doing breath work. There are so many crystal stores around so just research one that’s close to you in your area if this is something that interests you.
Thank you for reading and please share your stories and thoughts with me!
For daily recipes and inspiration follow me on Instagram
. . . .
Disclaimer: I am not a qualified GP/doctor, these are just guidelines and supplements I am currently using. I have done in-depth research on this topic and I’m experiencing positive results. Please consult your doctor or health care professional before using or trying any product discussed in this post. All words and photos are my own except if quoted otherwise.